A specialist Environment, Planning & Local Government Law firm, our highly skilled, innovative and talented team achieves outstanding strategic results in complex matters, often ‘against the odds’. We believe in excellence. We love learning and are deeply committed to justice, fairness and common sense. We are excited by new ideas in the law that meet contemporary client needs.
We broke new ground in:
- Roads and Public Highway law.
- Contaminated site leakage clean up and successful damages claims.
- Design – Queenscliffe ‘gasometer’ Award Winning House Approval.
- State heritage overlay controls to prevent destruction of heritage neighbourhoods.
- Heritage – major heritage demolition and development projects.
- Removing barriers to public interest action in the environment & planning field.
- Entrepreneurship, regulatory change and cutting ‘red tape’.
- Business outcomes for Aboriginal native title claimants and working with government on ILUA (Indigenous Land Use Agreements).
- Re-write of Council planning controls.
- Windfarm policy and law.
- Compensation claims for abandoned planning controls.
- Restitution Law – We are one of only a few firms worldwide to successfully process Eastern European land restitution claims acting for clients around the globe.
- Legal issues arising from surrogacy and reproductive technology.
- Ms Kelleher’s conduct of Privy Council, High Court and other appellate court ‘test’ cases ACF v Commonwealth (locus standi), Sandown Park Case (property, compensation and business) including Jenkins v Road Corporation (land acquisition).
Operational Legal Training:
- Special Rates and Charges
- Food Handling & Safety
- Consumer Credit Code