Kellehers Australia has been at the forefront of environment law since its modern development. We recognise the value of protecting the environment in a real and sustainable way.
Achievements in Environmental Law:
- Complex and successful noise nuisance injunction and damages claims.
- Strongly influencing early wind farm policy and development.
- Successful clean up of land abutting petrol station impacted by sub-ground petrol leakage.
- Strongly influenced early formation of the law regarding ‘standing’ to litigate environmental matters, particularly for environmental not for profit organisations
- Successful achievement of cessation of polluting activities by neighbouring land users concerning fumes, smell and asbestos.
- Highly developed expertise on former landfill issues, including potential litigation.
- Environmental prosecutions extending from PANs to injunction proceedings.
- Agricultural spray drift.
- Native vegetation management.
- Coastal planning.