Complex Property Law
Kellehers’ deep understanding of complex property law provides both support to its specialisation area and a stand-alone service of excellence for our clients. Our knowledge is deep, comprehensive and integral to our specialisation success. It also forms part of our all round land-based expertise available to our clients.
Achievements in Complex Property Law:
- Land acquisition and compensation claims both complex and routine to successfully maximise client outcomes and avoid technical roadblocks.
- VCAT and Supreme Court litigation of compensation claims, including successful mediation.
- Assessment of impact of restrictive covenants on land subsequently subdivided and resold.
- Complex assessment of title to vacant ‘unwanted’ land to ascertain ownership, occupation and control rights.
- Complex successful adverse possession claims including necessary declaration evidence.
- Old law land assessment and conversion.
- Assessment and successful claim of easements of way and drainage by long user.
- Strategic advice regarding future possessory claims.
- Utilising property law in conjunction with fences law to optimise client land tenure.
- Assisting Owners Corporations to resolve complex land issues.
- Asserting land boundary and possession issues.
- Complex property disputes, including mortgage and contract issues.