Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting).
Hubert is a planning and environment lawyer. He regularly appears as an advocate at Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria in town planning, property, and environmental matters.
Hubert thrives on delivering creative but simple cost-effective solutions for clients in a diverse range of planning and environment matters including:
- Development applications;
- Planning permit appeals;
- Liquor licence applications and objections;
- Owners Corporation issues;
- Strategic planning matters;
- Land use, including use characterisation and existing use rights;
- Rezoning of land;
- Management of contaminated land including agricultural residue, asbestos and former landfills;
- Heritage Council and local heritage matters;
- Local government matters;
- Compulsory acquisition and compensation;
- Adverse possession, easements and restrictive covenants;
- Crown land and crown land licences.
He chairs the Property and Environmental Law Section Environmental Issues Committee of Law Institute of Victoria and is a member of the Executive of its Planning & Environmental Law Section.
He is also is a Committee Member of the VPELA Young Professional Group and Law Institute of Victoria’s Planning and Local Government Committee.
In 2016 he was awarded the Victorian Planning Environmental Law Association (VPELA) Young Professional of the Year. As a result, he undertook further research into the role of ‘Significant Social Effect’ within the Planning and Environment Act.
He is invited annually to lecture on Negotiation and Mediation at Humboldt University in Berlin, as part of the joint Humboldt University (Berlin) / Tulane University (USA) ‘International Summer School on Alternative Dispute Resolution’.
In 2018, Hubert was appointed a sessional tutor at Melbourne University in Planning Law and Statutory Planning.
Phone: (03) 9429 8111